1. It is beautiful outside today. I am going to spend most of the rest of the day out in it after writing this.
2. My kittens are adorable. Seriously, no one has better ones. They’re sitting in the window watching birds together at the moment. Last night, after a serious catnip binge, they chased each other around in circles in the kitchen, sliding on the floor like little kids in socks. It doesn’t get better than that.
3. The landlord of the rental property behind my back yard finally moved a heap of branches and leaves and other junk that had been partially on my land, blocking me from having access to the back of my garage, which has grape vines and poison ivy growing up it, and needs to be taken down. Obviously I will not enjoy removing the grape vines and poison ivy in the summer heat, but I am really glad he removed this stuff (after I tried contacting him myself, and then made the city do it when he didn’t answer me. I guess he finally got annoyed enough that he hired some group of people to come in and do the work. Much relieved! (I know, sad that something like this is relieving, but it is.)
4. Netflix has the most awesome shows you can watch online without actually having to have the discs delivered. I watched Heroes this way last season when I didn’t feel like being tied down to a weekly day and time. Now I’m watching Weeds. Did anyone see this show? It’s got some good writing and some bad writing going on it, but it’s captured me. I love the intro song to the show. And the crazy characters.
5. It’s summer. Screw working for a while. I just got done working! I am totally going to go do some summery things and let myself relax a little.
6. I have strawberries growing in my side garden. I love having a side garden, as well as three back gardens. Now I just have to get them all into shape and maybe get a nice stone table (I would so love it to be stone) to sit at out there in the shade and eat at for the next three months. Outside is sounding more and more appealing to me.