People who think small towns are uncool are crazy. Kinsman, OH (shout out!) is proof of the opposite. They have Clarence Darrow Day, and now Edmond Hamilton Day. In the future, there should also be a Leigh Brackett Day, with The Empire Strikes Back on a big screen in the town square all day and night long. 🙂
Edmond Hamilton Day Honoring “The Dean Of Science Fiction” and Kinsman resident Saturday July 18th.
Kinsman Historical Society
Preserving 200yrs of Kinsman, OH area’s heritage
- Haffner Press will be selling 1st. day edition of “Collected Edmond Hamilton vol. 1& 2” and “Collected Captain Future vol. 1.” will be sold only on this day in Kinsman at all functions.
- 2-4pm Meet Edmond Hamilton at Market Square Book Den
- 7pm Program at Kinsman Presbyterian Church(Free)
- Edmond Hamilton-a portrayal by Don Sutton; friend, fan, neighbor, and official biographer.
- Presentation by Stephen Haffner of Haffner Press.
- World premier showing of slide collection of Ed and his wife Leigh Brackett.
- A letter from Ray Bradbury
- At dusk we will walk to his gravesite and have a toast(adjacent to church).
Contact Don Sutton ph. 330-876-8962 day Ph/fax330-876-3178
email@example.com RSVP not necessary, but welcome so we have an idea of how many to plan for. If interested in joining us for dinner about 5pm; please RSVP. (nominal cost) Featuring steak-his favorite!
Edmond Hamilton started writing SciFi in the 1920’s. He Wrote the Captain Future series and worked for DC Comics as an editor and writer from the 1940’s to the 1960’s. He worked on Superman, Batman, Justice League, etc. He had over 300 works published. He won the first SciFi fan award. He is internationally popular.
Kinsman Ohio is located on Rts. 5, 7 and 87 on the PA state line-east of Cleveland-north of Youngstown. Market Square is located on the square on Rts. 5 & 7. one mile south of 87. Kinsman Presbyterian is a white church located on Church St. It runs between the square and Rt. 87. Look for rocket markers.